Militants hurl grenade at CRPF personnel
Srinagar: Militants on Wednesday carried out a grenade attack on CRPF personnel guarding a vital bridge in uptown Channapora locality of Srinagar, police said.
Ultras hurled a hand grenade towards a picket manned by 154th battalion personnel of CRPF at Channpora bridge this afternoon, they said.
Police said the grenade fell short of the target and exploded on the road side, without causing any harm or causality.
The area has been cordoned off, they said, adding that a hunt has been launched to nab the militants behind the attack.
This is the third grenade attack in the Kashmir Valley since yesterday.
Yesterday, militants struck twice in Sopore township of north Kashmir by carrying out grenade attacks. A policeman was injured in the twin attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed