Militants hurl grenade at CRPF personnel
Srinagar: Militants on Wednesday carried out a grenade attack on CRPF personnel guarding a vital bridge in uptown Channapora locality of Srinagar, police said.
Ultras hurled a hand grenade towards a picket manned by 154th battalion personnel of CRPF at Channpora bridge this afternoon, they said.
Police said the grenade fell short of the target and exploded on the road side, without causing any harm or causality.
The area has been cordoned off, they said, adding that a hunt has been launched to nab the militants behind the attack.
This is the third grenade attack in the Kashmir Valley since yesterday.
Yesterday, militants struck twice in Sopore township of north Kashmir by carrying out grenade attacks. A policeman was injured in the twin attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees