Militants hurl grenade at CRPF personnel
Srinagar: Militants on Wednesday carried out a grenade attack on CRPF personnel guarding a vital bridge in uptown Channapora locality of Srinagar, police said.
Ultras hurled a hand grenade towards a picket manned by 154th battalion personnel of CRPF at Channpora bridge this afternoon, they said.
Police said the grenade fell short of the target and exploded on the road side, without causing any harm or causality.
The area has been cordoned off, they said, adding that a hunt has been launched to nab the militants behind the attack.
This is the third grenade attack in the Kashmir Valley since yesterday.
Yesterday, militants struck twice in Sopore township of north Kashmir by carrying out grenade attacks. A policeman was injured in the twin attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof