Militants hurl grenade at CRPF personnel
Srinagar: Militants on Wednesday carried out a grenade attack on CRPF personnel guarding a vital bridge in uptown Channapora locality of Srinagar, police said.
Ultras hurled a hand grenade towards a picket manned by 154th battalion personnel of CRPF at Channpora bridge this afternoon, they said.
Police said the grenade fell short of the target and exploded on the road side, without causing any harm or causality.
The area has been cordoned off, they said, adding that a hunt has been launched to nab the militants behind the attack.
This is the third grenade attack in the Kashmir Valley since yesterday.
Yesterday, militants struck twice in Sopore township of north Kashmir by carrying out grenade attacks. A policeman was injured in the twin attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly