Militants hurl grenade at CRPF personnel
Srinagar: Militants on Wednesday carried out a grenade attack on CRPF personnel guarding a vital bridge in uptown Channapora locality of Srinagar, police said.
Ultras hurled a hand grenade towards a picket manned by 154th battalion personnel of CRPF at Channpora bridge this afternoon, they said.
Police said the grenade fell short of the target and exploded on the road side, without causing any harm or causality.
The area has been cordoned off, they said, adding that a hunt has been launched to nab the militants behind the attack.
This is the third grenade attack in the Kashmir Valley since yesterday.
Yesterday, militants struck twice in Sopore township of north Kashmir by carrying out grenade attacks. A policeman was injured in the twin attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note