Mirwaiz to back Rahul if he accepts realities on Kashmir
Srinagar: Chairman of moderate Hurriyat Conference Mirwaiz Umer Farooq on Friday assured Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi the support of people, especially youth, provided he accepted the realities on Kashmir and worked towards resolution of the issue.
"We hope the new generation leadership of India will accept the reality and come forward for the better future of not only the people of Kashmir but the people of India as well ...If they move forward with positive thinking and realistic approach, they will find the youth in Kashmir and their leadership with them," the Mirwaiz told a Friday congregation at Jamia Masjid here.
Referring to the just concluded two-day visit of Rahul to Jammu and Kashmir, the Hurriyat chairman said he was disappointed that the Gandhi scion did not talk about the realities of Kashmir.
"He (Rahul) talked about many things like employment, women development, strengthening of democratic institutions and Panchayati Raj. But unfortunately, the new generation leadership of India, from whom the people of Kashmir expect that when they come here from Delhi they will point towards the reality, did not talk about the realities," he said.
The Mirwaiz said the most important thing is that the political instability prevalent in the region has to be addressed and the Indian leadership has to change their thinking and approach towards Kashmir.
"India is saying that more than 50 percent of its population is of youth and the country needs young leadership. We are happy if India gets a young leadership. It will be good for the peace and prosperity of the people of India," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- In or out? Did Sidhu really quit BJP and join AAP!
- Rajnath Singh sends out stern message to Pakistan, says 'we don't need third party in Kashmir'
- Declare India a 'Hindu state', says Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray
- AN-32 search still on, ISRO satellite imagery sought
- What is the purpose of human life—Know here!