Misuse of RTI act can be checked: J&K CIC
Aurangabad: Chief Information Commissioner of Jammu and Kashmir GR Sufi on Sunday said that the misuse of RTI act can be checked if a provision is made in the law that any information or record would be open for access to public only for three years.
Sufi was speaking at a meeting at Dr Rafiq Zakaria Campus here today.
He said that the way out could be if information under RTI is allowed to be accessed only for three years to public and later only if there is judiciary requirement or any such important reason.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ridiculously funny video: Man shows his dance moves in middle of busy Mumbai street - Watch
- From Sept 1, rail passengers to get Rs 10 lakh insurace cover for premium of just Re 1
- Yahoo-Verizon deal: I plan to stay on with the company, says CEO Marissa Mayer
- Harsimrat's charge of my misbehaviour with her 'wild': Ramesh
- A rat-free land: New Zealand announces plan to become 'predator-free' by 2050!