Misuse of RTI act can be checked: J&K CIC
Aurangabad: Chief Information Commissioner of Jammu and Kashmir GR Sufi on Sunday said that the misuse of RTI act can be checked if a provision is made in the law that any information or record would be open for access to public only for three years.
Sufi was speaking at a meeting at Dr Rafiq Zakaria Campus here today.
He said that the way out could be if information under RTI is allowed to be accessed only for three years to public and later only if there is judiciary requirement or any such important reason.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon