Misuse of RTI act can be checked: J&K CIC
Aurangabad: Chief Information Commissioner of Jammu and Kashmir GR Sufi on Sunday said that the misuse of RTI act can be checked if a provision is made in the law that any information or record would be open for access to public only for three years.
Sufi was speaking at a meeting at Dr Rafiq Zakaria Campus here today.
He said that the way out could be if information under RTI is allowed to be accessed only for three years to public and later only if there is judiciary requirement or any such important reason.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan able to target Delhi from Kahuta near Rawalpindi in five minutes: Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan
- US zoo kills gorilla after 3-year-old boy falls into enclosure
- EC cancels polls for two remaining Tamil Nadu Assembly seats - Know why
- Cloudbursts, rainfall in Tehri district of Uttarakhand; Gangotri-Kedarnath road closed, pilgrims stranded
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final