Misuse of RTI act can be checked: J&K CIC
Aurangabad: Chief Information Commissioner of Jammu and Kashmir GR Sufi on Sunday said that the misuse of RTI act can be checked if a provision is made in the law that any information or record would be open for access to public only for three years.
Sufi was speaking at a meeting at Dr Rafiq Zakaria Campus here today.
He said that the way out could be if information under RTI is allowed to be accessed only for three years to public and later only if there is judiciary requirement or any such important reason.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city