MLA Jugal Kishore Sharma elected as new J&K BJP ch
Jammu: BJP MLA from Jammu and Kashmir, Jugal Kishore Sharma was Saturday elected as its new president of the state unit.
"Jugal Kishore Sharma has been elected as the new president of the state unit of BJP in J-K," party`s national spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy told reporters here at party headquarters today.
Besides Sharma, Soom Khajuria, Halsima Begum, Ali Mohmmad, Sofi Yousef and Vibodh Gupta among others have been elected to the BJP National Executive from Jammu and Kashmir, he added.
"I on the behalf of National BJP President Nitin Gadkari congratulate Kishore for his election to the post of the new president of J&K BJP," Rudy, who was in-charge of the election panel for the post of the state president, said.
Sharma will take over the command of the state unit from its outgoing president Shamsher Singh Manhas.
Kishore has been elected twice from Nagotra Assembly constituency in Jammu district to the State Legislative Assembly.
"I am very happy to take over as the state BJP chief--I will carry forward the task assigned to me by national leadership and will strengthen the party in the state," Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth