MLA Jugal Kishore Sharma elected as new J&K BJP ch
Jammu: BJP MLA from Jammu and Kashmir, Jugal Kishore Sharma was Saturday elected as its new president of the state unit.
"Jugal Kishore Sharma has been elected as the new president of the state unit of BJP in J-K," party`s national spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy told reporters here at party headquarters today.
Besides Sharma, Soom Khajuria, Halsima Begum, Ali Mohmmad, Sofi Yousef and Vibodh Gupta among others have been elected to the BJP National Executive from Jammu and Kashmir, he added.
"I on the behalf of National BJP President Nitin Gadkari congratulate Kishore for his election to the post of the new president of J&K BJP," Rudy, who was in-charge of the election panel for the post of the state president, said.
Sharma will take over the command of the state unit from its outgoing president Shamsher Singh Manhas.
Kishore has been elected twice from Nagotra Assembly constituency in Jammu district to the State Legislative Assembly.
"I am very happy to take over as the state BJP chief--I will carry forward the task assigned to me by national leadership and will strengthen the party in the state," Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note