MLA Jugal Kishore Sharma elected as new J&K BJP ch
Jammu: BJP MLA from Jammu and Kashmir, Jugal Kishore Sharma was Saturday elected as its new president of the state unit.
"Jugal Kishore Sharma has been elected as the new president of the state unit of BJP in J-K," party`s national spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy told reporters here at party headquarters today.
Besides Sharma, Soom Khajuria, Halsima Begum, Ali Mohmmad, Sofi Yousef and Vibodh Gupta among others have been elected to the BJP National Executive from Jammu and Kashmir, he added.
"I on the behalf of National BJP President Nitin Gadkari congratulate Kishore for his election to the post of the new president of J&K BJP," Rudy, who was in-charge of the election panel for the post of the state president, said.
Sharma will take over the command of the state unit from its outgoing president Shamsher Singh Manhas.
Kishore has been elected twice from Nagotra Assembly constituency in Jammu district to the State Legislative Assembly.
"I am very happy to take over as the state BJP chief--I will carry forward the task assigned to me by national leadership and will strengthen the party in the state," Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state