MLA Jugal Kishore Sharma elected as new J&K BJP ch
Jammu: BJP MLA from Jammu and Kashmir, Jugal Kishore Sharma was Saturday elected as its new president of the state unit.
"Jugal Kishore Sharma has been elected as the new president of the state unit of BJP in J-K," party`s national spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy told reporters here at party headquarters today.
Besides Sharma, Soom Khajuria, Halsima Begum, Ali Mohmmad, Sofi Yousef and Vibodh Gupta among others have been elected to the BJP National Executive from Jammu and Kashmir, he added.
"I on the behalf of National BJP President Nitin Gadkari congratulate Kishore for his election to the post of the new president of J&K BJP," Rudy, who was in-charge of the election panel for the post of the state president, said.
Sharma will take over the command of the state unit from its outgoing president Shamsher Singh Manhas.
Kishore has been elected twice from Nagotra Assembly constituency in Jammu district to the State Legislative Assembly.
"I am very happy to take over as the state BJP chief--I will carry forward the task assigned to me by national leadership and will strengthen the party in the state," Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Attacks racist but have belief in Indian govt: African envoy
- Woman delivers in Delhi Police PCR van, both mother and child safe
- IPL 2016 Final: SunRisers Hyderabad defeat Royal Challengers Bangalore by 8 runs to win maiden title
- Coal auction to get Rs 3.45 lakh crore; Rs 36k crore saving via DBT: Government
- Hardik Patel calls for stir against donations to schools, colleges in Gujarat