MLA Jugal Kishore Sharma elected as new J&K BJP ch
Jammu: BJP MLA from Jammu and Kashmir, Jugal Kishore Sharma was Saturday elected as its new president of the state unit.
"Jugal Kishore Sharma has been elected as the new president of the state unit of BJP in J-K," party`s national spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy told reporters here at party headquarters today.
Besides Sharma, Soom Khajuria, Halsima Begum, Ali Mohmmad, Sofi Yousef and Vibodh Gupta among others have been elected to the BJP National Executive from Jammu and Kashmir, he added.
"I on the behalf of National BJP President Nitin Gadkari congratulate Kishore for his election to the post of the new president of J&K BJP," Rudy, who was in-charge of the election panel for the post of the state president, said.
Sharma will take over the command of the state unit from its outgoing president Shamsher Singh Manhas.
Kishore has been elected twice from Nagotra Assembly constituency in Jammu district to the State Legislative Assembly.
"I am very happy to take over as the state BJP chief--I will carry forward the task assigned to me by national leadership and will strengthen the party in the state," Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Mohan Bhagwat's comments on Hindu population are 'outdated': Shiv Sena
- Wow! Google Duo now available in India to make free video calls
- In Goa, Arvind Kejriwal says AAP has no money to fight elections
- Turkish soldier killed in clash with Kurdish militants - security sources
- Amitabh Bachchan set to return as the 'angry man' in 'Sarkar 3'