My govt provided good governance to people in J&K: Omar
Srinagar: Describing peace as key to progress, Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday said his government has been able to provide good governance in the state with the active cooperation of the people.
"The achievements of my government on both peace and development fronts are speaking loudly," Omar said, addressing a public meeting in north Kashmir`s Baramulla district.
Omar asked people to continue extending their cooperation to his government and to move ahead on road to progress and development.
Omar listed out initiatives like the public service guarantee act, RTI and various other steps taken by his government for empowerment of people and good governance.
The Chief Minister said his government has authorised people to legally demand around 70 public services identified under the public service guarantee act in a fixed time frame.
Various steps have also been taken to encourage the youth to launch their own ventures and create respectable livelihood for themselves, he added.
Omar asked people to make best of the various rights for which they are entitled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday