NC, Congress to jointly contest J&K legislative council polls
Jammu: The National Conference (NC) and its coalition partner Congress will jointly contest the polls to fill up vacancies in the Jammu and Kashmir legislative council, state Congress chief Saif-ud-Din Soz said here on Monday.
Both the parties will contest on two seats each, according to Pradesh Congress Committee president Saif-ud-Din Soz, who is also the chairman of the coalition coordination committee.
Finance Minister and senior NC leader Abdul Rahim Rather said: "The decision was arrived at in a meeting of the coordination panel."
There are four seats lying vacant in the legislative council from the panchayat quota, the polls for which are scheduled next month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- Belgian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg beats Max Verstappen to grab pole position
- EPL 2016-17, Gameweek 3: Saturday football — Chelsea take pole, Arsenal end winless run
- UPSC issues e-admit cards for NDA, NA exams 2016
- West Indies vs India, 1st T20I: MS Dhoni admits execution of his last ball dismissal wrong
- Belgian Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton ready for slog from back of the field