NC, Congress to jointly contest J&K legislative council polls
Jammu: The National Conference (NC) and its coalition partner Congress will jointly contest the polls to fill up vacancies in the Jammu and Kashmir legislative council, state Congress chief Saif-ud-Din Soz said here on Monday.
Both the parties will contest on two seats each, according to Pradesh Congress Committee president Saif-ud-Din Soz, who is also the chairman of the coalition coordination committee.
Finance Minister and senior NC leader Abdul Rahim Rather said: "The decision was arrived at in a meeting of the coordination panel."
There are four seats lying vacant in the legislative council from the panchayat quota, the polls for which are scheduled next month.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents