NC, Congress to jointly contest J&K legislative council polls
Jammu: The National Conference (NC) and its coalition partner Congress will jointly contest the polls to fill up vacancies in the Jammu and Kashmir legislative council, state Congress chief Saif-ud-Din Soz said here on Monday.
Both the parties will contest on two seats each, according to Pradesh Congress Committee president Saif-ud-Din Soz, who is also the chairman of the coalition coordination committee.
Finance Minister and senior NC leader Abdul Rahim Rather said: "The decision was arrived at in a meeting of the coordination panel."
There are four seats lying vacant in the legislative council from the panchayat quota, the polls for which are scheduled next month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months