NGO says it did not charge any money from Kashmiri students
Srinagar: Peoples` Forum, an NGO working in the education sector, on Monday said it has not charged any money from the Kashmiri students who are being placed in various technical and professional colleges of the country under the Prime Minister`s Scholarship scheme.
"We have not charged a penny from the students who we have placed in various colleges of the country under the PM`s Scholarship Scheme for Jammu and Kashmir," Imatiyaz Malik, the chairman of the Forum, said.
He said recent media reports about duping of students in Agra were not correct
"We are only acting as facilitators between the colleges, the government and students. We do not charge any money from the students. Even the colleges do not charge any money from them as the educational institutions are reimbursed by the central government," Malik said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie