NGO says it did not charge any money from Kashmiri students
Srinagar: Peoples` Forum, an NGO working in the education sector, on Monday said it has not charged any money from the Kashmiri students who are being placed in various technical and professional colleges of the country under the Prime Minister`s Scholarship scheme.
"We have not charged a penny from the students who we have placed in various colleges of the country under the PM`s Scholarship Scheme for Jammu and Kashmir," Imatiyaz Malik, the chairman of the Forum, said.
He said recent media reports about duping of students in Agra were not correct
"We are only acting as facilitators between the colleges, the government and students. We do not charge any money from the students. Even the colleges do not charge any money from them as the educational institutions are reimbursed by the central government," Malik said.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- TVS Motor sales up 16% in April
- Parineeti Chopra wants 'spa-like' personal spaces at her abode
- Nobody came to help while I screamed, says victim of Bengaluru kidnapping case
- Indian Premier League 2016: List of 11 injured players that have been ruled out of remaining tournament
- Kishore Biyani resigns as Managing Director of Future Retail