No Pak intrusion at Jammu border in six months: BSF
Jammu: Not a single incident of intrusion from Pakistan took place in the last six months along the international border in the Jammu region due to vigil by the Border Security Force (BSF), an official said Wednesday.
The security forces have also stepped up vigil along the international border (IB) after the Jan 8 killing of two Indian soldiers by Pakistani troops along the Line of Control (LoC) in Mendhar sector of Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
The BSF intensified its vigil along the 198-km long international border (IB) following the discovery of a 400-metre long and 20-foot deep tunnel that originated from Pakistan into the Indian side July 28, 2012, BSF Inspector General Ravi Krishna told reporters.
"We had taken a serious note of this misadventure of Pakistan and lodged a strong protest with Pakistani Rangers on the issue, and on our own side we stepped up the vigil on the border as also strengthened our intelligence network," he said.
"There has been no incident of intrusion across the IB (international border) since then," he added.
The official`s comment came amid a continuing row between India and Pakistan over the Jan 8 incident, in which two Indian soldiers were brutally killed, one of whom was beheaded, by Pakistanis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP cuts gap, witnesses massive surge in seats; counting underway
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP closes gap with Shiv Sena in BMC, dominates in other cities
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway