No rules for meeting Governor: J&K Raj Bhavan reply to RTI plea
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Raj Bhawan took five months to reply to a RTI plea and said there are no rules and regulations for the Governor to meet the state`s people.
"There are no rules and regulations regarding the Governor meeting people of the state. He meets people of Jammu and Kashmir at the Raj Bhawan, at public functions and while on tour within and outside the state," Deputy Secretary and Public Information Officer (PIO), Raj Bhawan, O P Bhagat said in a reply to a RTI plea filed by activist Raman Sharma.
"A very simple information (under RTI) which could have been easily supplied within hours or at least within specified period of 30 days is being provided after a delay of more than 150 days by PIO, Raj Bhavan," Sharma said.
Apart from seeking details from Raj Bhavan about the procedure to seek an appointment of the Governor, procedure adopted by Raj Bhavan in allowing or rejecting appointments, details of total number of individual and delegations who visited and met the Governor since January 1, 2010, Sharma had also wanted know the total number of memorandum and representations received by Raj Bhavan during the same period.
"Instead of providing information, the PIO had earlier rejected the plea stating that the Governor`s office is a privileged one, hence the information sought cannot be shared," Sharma said.
But after strong written protest and argument, the PIO finally furnished the details, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral