No rules for meeting Governor: J&K Raj Bhavan reply to RTI plea
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Raj Bhawan took five months to reply to a RTI plea and said there are no rules and regulations for the Governor to meet the state`s people.
"There are no rules and regulations regarding the Governor meeting people of the state. He meets people of Jammu and Kashmir at the Raj Bhawan, at public functions and while on tour within and outside the state," Deputy Secretary and Public Information Officer (PIO), Raj Bhawan, O P Bhagat said in a reply to a RTI plea filed by activist Raman Sharma.
"A very simple information (under RTI) which could have been easily supplied within hours or at least within specified period of 30 days is being provided after a delay of more than 150 days by PIO, Raj Bhavan," Sharma said.
Apart from seeking details from Raj Bhavan about the procedure to seek an appointment of the Governor, procedure adopted by Raj Bhavan in allowing or rejecting appointments, details of total number of individual and delegations who visited and met the Governor since January 1, 2010, Sharma had also wanted know the total number of memorandum and representations received by Raj Bhavan during the same period.
"Instead of providing information, the PIO had earlier rejected the plea stating that the Governor`s office is a privileged one, hence the information sought cannot be shared," Sharma said.
But after strong written protest and argument, the PIO finally furnished the details, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore