Northern Command Chief greets people of J&K on Diwali
Jammu: The Chief of the Army`s Northern Command, Lt Gen Sanjiv Chachra on Saturday extended greetings to the people of Jammu and Kashmir on the occasion of Diwali, hoping the festival would bring peace and prosperity in the state.
Chachra extended his warm wishes to the people of the state and to all security personnel, their families and dependants on the occasion.
"May the festival illuminate the lives of our people for a better tomorrow," he said.
He expressed hope that the `Festival of Lights`, which symbolises the triumph of good over evil, would be a harbinger of joy and happiness for society.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened