Northern Command Chief greets people of J&K on Diwali
Jammu: The Chief of the Army`s Northern Command, Lt Gen Sanjiv Chachra on Saturday extended greetings to the people of Jammu and Kashmir on the occasion of Diwali, hoping the festival would bring peace and prosperity in the state.
Chachra extended his warm wishes to the people of the state and to all security personnel, their families and dependants on the occasion.
"May the festival illuminate the lives of our people for a better tomorrow," he said.
He expressed hope that the `Festival of Lights`, which symbolises the triumph of good over evil, would be a harbinger of joy and happiness for society.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra