Northern Command Chief greets people of J&K on Diwali
Jammu: The Chief of the Army`s Northern Command, Lt Gen Sanjiv Chachra on Saturday extended greetings to the people of Jammu and Kashmir on the occasion of Diwali, hoping the festival would bring peace and prosperity in the state.
Chachra extended his warm wishes to the people of the state and to all security personnel, their families and dependants on the occasion.
"May the festival illuminate the lives of our people for a better tomorrow," he said.
He expressed hope that the `Festival of Lights`, which symbolises the triumph of good over evil, would be a harbinger of joy and happiness for society.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends