Northern Command Chief greets people of J&K on Diwali
Jammu: The Chief of the Army`s Northern Command, Lt Gen Sanjiv Chachra on Saturday extended greetings to the people of Jammu and Kashmir on the occasion of Diwali, hoping the festival would bring peace and prosperity in the state.
Chachra extended his warm wishes to the people of the state and to all security personnel, their families and dependants on the occasion.
"May the festival illuminate the lives of our people for a better tomorrow," he said.
He expressed hope that the `Festival of Lights`, which symbolises the triumph of good over evil, would be a harbinger of joy and happiness for society.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000