Now, cafeteria, prayer room at Kaman Transit Point
Srinagar: Renewed hostilities between India and Pakistan along the LoC may have cast a shadow over cross-border trade and travel, but Army has set up a cafeteria and a prayer room for passengers at Kaman Transit Point (KTP) on Srinagar-Muzaffarabad road.
"In addition to the repair and refurbishment of all infrastructure, a few interesting additions have been made to the passenger facilities. A cafeteria and a prayer room have added value to the KTP," an Army spokesman said.
He said the Kaman Aman Setu, the last point on the Indian side at LoC in Uri tehsil of Baramulla district, symbolises the yearning for peace and prosperity on both sides of the Line of Control.
Kaman Transit Point was established by Army to provide rest and cafeteria facilities to the people transiting through the Kaman Aman Setu.
"The bus service has helped unite numerous families of both sides of the divide; similarly, the trade service has generated vibrant economic activity benefiting Kashmir as a whole. Over the years the bus service and trade have emerged as the focal confidence building measures," the spokesman said.
The infrastructure and transient facilities at the KTP have recently been given a face lift under the aegis of Border Area Development Programme (BADP), the spokesman said.
"The improvement at KTP is a symbol of India`s unflinching commitment towards the people of the state of Jammu and Kashmir," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued