NRHM grants Rs 6 crore towards Amarnath pilgrims` healthcare
Jammu: The National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) has released funds of over Rs 6 crore to ensure better healthcare facilities for Amarnath pilgrims, an official spokesman said Wednesday.
"An amount of over Rs 6 crore has been granted to the directors of health services in Kashmir and Jammu and the director of the Indian System of Medicine to ensure better healthcare facilities for Amarnath pilgrims during this year`s yatra," the spokesman said here.
"NRHM (J-K) has provided funds for purchase of equipment, drugs and supplies and for the creation of temporary infrastructure, including shelter for medical officers, furniture, etc.," he said.
"A supplementary Programme Implementation Plan (PIP) has been prepared exclusively (regarding) medical facilities for Amarnath Yatra," said Dr Yashpal Sharma, Mission Director of NRHM (J-K).
He added that the doctors from the state and other parts of the country who have volunteered to provide their services during the yatra, will be offered special incentives.
In addition to the amount released under NRHM, special incentives of Rs 15,000 per month for general duty doctors and specialists and Rs 5,000 for paramedics have been sanctioned by the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!