NRHM grants Rs 6 crore towards Amarnath pilgrims` healthcare
Jammu: The National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) has released funds of over Rs 6 crore to ensure better healthcare facilities for Amarnath pilgrims, an official spokesman said Wednesday.
"An amount of over Rs 6 crore has been granted to the directors of health services in Kashmir and Jammu and the director of the Indian System of Medicine to ensure better healthcare facilities for Amarnath pilgrims during this year`s yatra," the spokesman said here.
"NRHM (J-K) has provided funds for purchase of equipment, drugs and supplies and for the creation of temporary infrastructure, including shelter for medical officers, furniture, etc.," he said.
"A supplementary Programme Implementation Plan (PIP) has been prepared exclusively (regarding) medical facilities for Amarnath Yatra," said Dr Yashpal Sharma, Mission Director of NRHM (J-K).
He added that the doctors from the state and other parts of the country who have volunteered to provide their services during the yatra, will be offered special incentives.
In addition to the amount released under NRHM, special incentives of Rs 15,000 per month for general duty doctors and specialists and Rs 5,000 for paramedics have been sanctioned by the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan