NSPU holds protest march over new recruitment policy in J&K
Jammu: Strongly opposing the implementation of new recruitment policy in Jammu and Kashmir, the youth wing of the Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party(JKNPP) on Tuesday held a protest march here against the policy.
Over 100 activists of National Students Panthers Union (NSPU) took out a protest rally in the city against the state government`s new recruitment policy.
"We strongly oppose the new recruitment policy of the state government. The new policy is anti-youth and unconstitutional," one of the students leader told reporters here.
According to the new recruitment policy, a fresh recruit would get only 50 per cent of basic pay for the first two years and 75 per cent for the next three years without any allowances.
In 2011, the Jammu and Kashmir High Court had stayed implementation of the new recruitment policy introduced by the state government in 2010, but the stay was later vacated by the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened