OIC invites Mirwaiz to attend summit of global Muslim leaders
Srinagar: Moderate Hurriyat Conference chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq has been invited by Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) to attend the fourth summit of Islamic leaders to be held in Egyptian capital of Cairo on February 6.
"Mirwaiz has been invited to attend the summit meeting on February 6," an official spokesman of the Hurriyat said here today.
He said the OIC leader`s summit, which is held after a gap of every four years, would discuss the political and regional challenges faced by the Muslims, besides the means and ways to address those issues in an effective manner.
"During the summit, apart from discussing the burning issues of Syria and Afghanistan, the dispute of Jammu and Kashmir would also be debated and discussed from all angles," the spokesman said.
He said since the Huriryat Conference has an observer`s status in OIC, Mirwaiz has several times raised the Kashmir issue in its summits.
"The Huriryat Chairman has discussed Kashmir dispute in its proper historical context and impressed upon the Cooperation to play its part to solve the long pending dispute," the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore