Omar asks banks to reduce credit-deposit ratio
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Monday asked the banks to reduce the gap between credit and deposit and called for time-bound disbursement of loan to farmers.
"The disbursement of loan to farmers need to be made time bound to enable them to carry on agricultural activities as per the calendar and obtain results successfully," Omar said after laying foundation of Jammu and Kashmir Bank complex in Sopore, 52 kms from here.
The Chief Minister emphasized on making loan disbursement hassle-free and easy for the people so that they could utilize it on time to yield economic benefits and carry forward trade activities smoothly.
He underlined the need for enhancing loan facilities for farmers, Micro Small and Medium Entrepreneurs (MSMEs), traders and others intending to start various economic activities.
Omar asked the banks to reduce the gap between credit and deposits.
The Chief Minister appreciated the J and K Bank for its "positive role" in the economic development of the state and keeping banking facilities available to the people extensively across the state.
Later, the Chief Minister inspected Sopore Bye-pass Bridge being executed by Border Roads Organization.
He also interacted with people, heard their development demands and assured the people that their genuine demands would be given due consideration, an official spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’