Omar visits under-construction Peer-e-Dastgeer Sah
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Sunday visited the under-construction shrine of Peer-e-Dastgeer Sahib here, which was gutted in a mysterious fire last June, to take stock of the work.
Interacting with the officers of constructing agency, Omar stressed on ensuring the restoration of shrine to its original glory.
He said all aspects of the heritage characteristic of the shrine should be kept in view while completing the restoration work in a time bound manner.
The Chief Minister also paid obeisance at the shrine and prayed for peace and development of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- First Minister Nicola Sturgeon plans EU future for Scotland after Brexit
- Seven hospitalized in California stabbing at neo-Nazi rally
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal