One BSF jawan dies, another untraceable after falling in gorge
Srinagar: A BSF jawan died and another went missing after they slipped from a mountain ridge in Macchil sector near Line of Control (LoC) in Kashmir, a senior official of the force said today.
"The two jawans slipped into a deep gorge on Friday afternoon in Macchil sector," the BSF official said.
While one jawan was rescued by his colleagues in an injured condition, the official said the other jawan is still untraceable.
"The injured jawan, Avtar Singh, was taken to a hospital but was declared dead on arrival. He had suffered head injuries," the official said.
He said efforts were on to trace the other jawan, Satish Kumar, but rescue operation is getting hampered due to inclement weather.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city