One killed, four injured in grenade attack in Baramulla
Srinagar: A policeman was killed and four others injured in a grenade attack by militants in Sopore town of Baramulla district in Kashmir early today, police said.
"Around 0230AM, militants hurled a grenade and fired at a police party near main Chowk at Sopore when miscreants were pelting stones at police," police spokesman said.
He said five policemen sustained injuries in the militant attack. "One constable M Syed succumbed to injuries. Two injured cops were referred to Srinagar for treatment while the other two cops were being treated in Sopore hospital," the spokesman added.
No militant outfit has immediately claimed responsibility for the attack. This was second attack on security forces by militants over the past 24 hours in Kashmir. The ultras had shot dead a cop in Anantnag district of south Kashmir last evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Jasprit Bumrah jumps to career best No. 2 spot in ICC T20I Rankings
- Water tanker scam: ACB summons Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra for questioning
- Now recharge your body and phone with KFC's 'Watt a Box' meal!- Watch
- Volkswagen to pay $10 billion in US over emissions scandal: Source
- PM Narendra Modi meets Chinese President Xi Jinping, seeks support for India's NSG bid