One killed, four injured in grenade attack in Baramulla
Srinagar: A policeman was killed and four others injured in a grenade attack by militants in Sopore town of Baramulla district in Kashmir early today, police said.
"Around 0230AM, militants hurled a grenade and fired at a police party near main Chowk at Sopore when miscreants were pelting stones at police," police spokesman said.
He said five policemen sustained injuries in the militant attack. "One constable M Syed succumbed to injuries. Two injured cops were referred to Srinagar for treatment while the other two cops were being treated in Sopore hospital," the spokesman added.
No militant outfit has immediately claimed responsibility for the attack. This was second attack on security forces by militants over the past 24 hours in Kashmir. The ultras had shot dead a cop in Anantnag district of south Kashmir last evening.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference