One killed, four injured in grenade attack in Baramulla
Srinagar: A policeman was killed and four others injured in a grenade attack by militants in Sopore town of Baramulla district in Kashmir early today, police said.
"Around 0230AM, militants hurled a grenade and fired at a police party near main Chowk at Sopore when miscreants were pelting stones at police," police spokesman said.
He said five policemen sustained injuries in the militant attack. "One constable M Syed succumbed to injuries. Two injured cops were referred to Srinagar for treatment while the other two cops were being treated in Sopore hospital," the spokesman added.
No militant outfit has immediately claimed responsibility for the attack. This was second attack on security forces by militants over the past 24 hours in Kashmir. The ultras had shot dead a cop in Anantnag district of south Kashmir last evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31