One killed, four injured in grenade attack in Baramulla
Srinagar: A policeman was killed and four others injured in a grenade attack by militants in Sopore town of Baramulla district in Kashmir early today, police said.
"Around 0230AM, militants hurled a grenade and fired at a police party near main Chowk at Sopore when miscreants were pelting stones at police," police spokesman said.
He said five policemen sustained injuries in the militant attack. "One constable M Syed succumbed to injuries. Two injured cops were referred to Srinagar for treatment while the other two cops were being treated in Sopore hospital," the spokesman added.
No militant outfit has immediately claimed responsibility for the attack. This was second attack on security forces by militants over the past 24 hours in Kashmir. The ultras had shot dead a cop in Anantnag district of south Kashmir last evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?