Pakistan violates ceasefire again in Samba sector in J&K
Zee Media Bureau
Srinagar: In yet another ceasefire violation along the Indo-Pak border, Pakistan Army rangers on Wednesday fired at Indian posts in Samba sector of Jammu and Kashmir.
The Border Security (BSF) retaliated with equal calibre weapons. Fortunately, there was no loss of life or injury to anyone in the firing.
The latest ceasefire violation incident comes just days after the Pakistan Army fired at Indian positions along the Line of Control (LoC) in J&K`s Poonch district.
Last week, Defence Minister Arun Jaitley during his two-day visit to J&K had said that the firing from across the border must stop as the ceasefire is in itself "a Confidence Building Measure".
"Talks and aggression can`t go together. For the situation to normalise, it is important for the ceasefire violations to stop," he said. Ruling out any political motive behind his trip, Jaitley said, that he "came here to review security, I am quite optimistic about the situation here", he told reporters at a press conference held after he visited the LoC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security