Pakistan violates ceasefire again
Jammu: Violating the ceasefire again, Pakistani troops fired mortar rounds at Indian posts along the Indo-Pak border in Poonch district.
Pakistani troops fired 3-4 mortar shells on Indian forward posts in Nangitakri area along Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch late last night, a Defence spokesman said here today.
Firing continued for a brief period between 2245 hours to 2330 hours last night, he said, adding there was no loss of life or injury to anyone in the firing.
Army troops guarding the borderline exercised calm and did not retaliate, the spokesman said.
Jammu and Kashmir witnessed 71 incidents of cross-border firing and ceasefire violations along Indo-Pak border in which seven persons were killed and 15 others injured last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened