Pakistan violates ceasefire again
Jammu: Violating the ceasefire again, Pakistani troops fired mortar rounds at Indian posts along the Indo-Pak border in Poonch district.
Pakistani troops fired 3-4 mortar shells on Indian forward posts in Nangitakri area along Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch late last night, a Defence spokesman said here today.
Firing continued for a brief period between 2245 hours to 2330 hours last night, he said, adding there was no loss of life or injury to anyone in the firing.
Army troops guarding the borderline exercised calm and did not retaliate, the spokesman said.
Jammu and Kashmir witnessed 71 incidents of cross-border firing and ceasefire violations along Indo-Pak border in which seven persons were killed and 15 others injured last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack