Pandemonium in J&K Assembly over LPG cap
Srinagar: Pandemonium broke out in the Jammu and Kashmir Assembly on Wednesday as opposition PDP and BJP demanded suspension of question hour to discuss the problems caused by cap on LPG cylinders.
Speaker Mohammad Akbar Lone urged the opposition to allow the question hour proceedings after which the LPG crisis will be discussed.
Lone said he has admitted the adjournment motions moved by PDP, National Panthers Party and CPI(M) MLA MY Tarigami but discussion would be held only after question hour.
However, as the opposition did not relent, the Speaker suspended the business of house and discussions were allowed on LPG crisis.
Earlier, BJP and NPP MLAs staged a protest outside the assembly entrance against the LPG cap and hike in fuel prices.
The MLAs demanded that state Governor NN Vohra should dismiss the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security