Pandemonium in J&K Assembly over LPG cap
Srinagar: Pandemonium broke out in the Jammu and Kashmir Assembly on Wednesday as opposition PDP and BJP demanded suspension of question hour to discuss the problems caused by cap on LPG cylinders.
Speaker Mohammad Akbar Lone urged the opposition to allow the question hour proceedings after which the LPG crisis will be discussed.
Lone said he has admitted the adjournment motions moved by PDP, National Panthers Party and CPI(M) MLA MY Tarigami but discussion would be held only after question hour.
However, as the opposition did not relent, the Speaker suspended the business of house and discussions were allowed on LPG crisis.
Earlier, BJP and NPP MLAs staged a protest outside the assembly entrance against the LPG cap and hike in fuel prices.
The MLAs demanded that state Governor NN Vohra should dismiss the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars