Pandemonium in J&K Assembly over LPG cap
Srinagar: Pandemonium broke out in the Jammu and Kashmir Assembly on Wednesday as opposition PDP and BJP demanded suspension of question hour to discuss the problems caused by cap on LPG cylinders.
Speaker Mohammad Akbar Lone urged the opposition to allow the question hour proceedings after which the LPG crisis will be discussed.
Lone said he has admitted the adjournment motions moved by PDP, National Panthers Party and CPI(M) MLA MY Tarigami but discussion would be held only after question hour.
However, as the opposition did not relent, the Speaker suspended the business of house and discussions were allowed on LPG crisis.
Earlier, BJP and NPP MLAs staged a protest outside the assembly entrance against the LPG cap and hike in fuel prices.
The MLAs demanded that state Governor NN Vohra should dismiss the state government.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!