Panun Kashmir for jobs to displaced Kashmiri Pandits
Jammu: Panun Kashmir, an organisation of displaced Kashmiri Pandits, on Monday asked the Jammu and Kashmir government to launch job-oriented educational opportunities and provide employment to the displaced community on an urgent basis.
The number of Kashmiri Pandit employees in government and semi-government sectors has dwindled to the lowest and the youth belonging to the community are forced to leave the state in search of employment, Panun Kashmir President Ashwani Kumar Chungroo said here today.
He said Panun Kashmir demands an equal and proportionate representation to the Pandits in the distribution of state resources and overall employment opportunities available in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs