PDP to launch drive against `failures` of J&K govt
Srinagar: Alleging that the coalition government in Jammu and Kashmir has failed on all fronts, the opposition PDP on Thursday said it will soon launch a state-wide campaign to aware people of shortcomings of the present rule.
"The National Conference-led government has established its anti-people credentials beyond any doubt and no respite from mounting miseries was expected till its exit," PDP president Mehbooba Mufti said.
She said her party will soon organise demonstrations to highlight issues like power crisis, non-availability of cooking gas and ration, price rise and unemployment.
"The people of the state now realise the difference that a state government can make to their lives, and would surely respond to this through the democratic weapon of vote," she said, addressing a party meeting here.
Mehbooba alleged that those in the government remained busy to cater their own interests, and said she the NC-led government can no longer escape public scrutiny and they will face public wrath in elections no matter when.
"It is the people of the state who will decide about who forms the next government, and no manipulations or mind games would succeed before people`s power," Mehbooba said, accusing Chief Minister Omar Abdullah of coming with a "new slogan every day" instead of solving people`s problems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez