PDP to launch drive against `failures` of J&K govt
Srinagar: Alleging that the coalition government in Jammu and Kashmir has failed on all fronts, the opposition PDP on Thursday said it will soon launch a state-wide campaign to aware people of shortcomings of the present rule.
"The National Conference-led government has established its anti-people credentials beyond any doubt and no respite from mounting miseries was expected till its exit," PDP president Mehbooba Mufti said.
She said her party will soon organise demonstrations to highlight issues like power crisis, non-availability of cooking gas and ration, price rise and unemployment.
"The people of the state now realise the difference that a state government can make to their lives, and would surely respond to this through the democratic weapon of vote," she said, addressing a party meeting here.
Mehbooba alleged that those in the government remained busy to cater their own interests, and said she the NC-led government can no longer escape public scrutiny and they will face public wrath in elections no matter when.
"It is the people of the state who will decide about who forms the next government, and no manipulations or mind games would succeed before people`s power," Mehbooba said, accusing Chief Minister Omar Abdullah of coming with a "new slogan every day" instead of solving people`s problems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray