People protest against damage to mosque in Kashmir
Srinagar: People on Saturday staged protests against the alleged damage done to a mosque in north Kashmir`s Kupwara district, police said.
Some miscreants damaged furnishing and curtains of a mosque at Bicharwari village in Kralgund by setting them on fire late last night, they said.
Infuriated over the incident, people staged protests against the sacrilegious act this morning, police said.
The protesters were dispersed peacefully after civil and police officials reached the spot and assured them that the guilty will be brought to book.
They also assured the protesters of increasing police patrol in the area.
A case has been registered, police said adding, efforts were being made to arrest the people involved in the illegal activity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- ChampOne C1 at Rs 501: Know how to register; flash sale starts on Friday
- Philippines stops issuing haj passports to Muslim pilgrims
- Strong typhoon Lionrock heads for Japan's northeast
- RIP Gene Wilder: Celebs mourns loss of 'funniest and sweetest energies ever'
- RSS turning temples into storehouses of arms: Kerala minister