People protest against damage to mosque in Kashmir
Srinagar: People on Saturday staged protests against the alleged damage done to a mosque in north Kashmir`s Kupwara district, police said.
Some miscreants damaged furnishing and curtains of a mosque at Bicharwari village in Kralgund by setting them on fire late last night, they said.
Infuriated over the incident, people staged protests against the sacrilegious act this morning, police said.
The protesters were dispersed peacefully after civil and police officials reached the spot and assured them that the guilty will be brought to book.
They also assured the protesters of increasing police patrol in the area.
A case has been registered, police said adding, efforts were being made to arrest the people involved in the illegal activity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Does a corrupt govt influence the mindset of the youth?
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar