People protest against damage to mosque in Kashmir
Srinagar: People on Saturday staged protests against the alleged damage done to a mosque in north Kashmir`s Kupwara district, police said.
Some miscreants damaged furnishing and curtains of a mosque at Bicharwari village in Kralgund by setting them on fire late last night, they said.
Infuriated over the incident, people staged protests against the sacrilegious act this morning, police said.
The protesters were dispersed peacefully after civil and police officials reached the spot and assured them that the guilty will be brought to book.
They also assured the protesters of increasing police patrol in the area.
A case has been registered, police said adding, efforts were being made to arrest the people involved in the illegal activity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Indian Premier League: List of players bought by franchises at Saturday's auction
- Indian cricketers are getting married in Twenty20 mode