People protest against damage to mosque in Kashmir
Srinagar: People on Saturday staged protests against the alleged damage done to a mosque in north Kashmir`s Kupwara district, police said.
Some miscreants damaged furnishing and curtains of a mosque at Bicharwari village in Kralgund by setting them on fire late last night, they said.
Infuriated over the incident, people staged protests against the sacrilegious act this morning, police said.
The protesters were dispersed peacefully after civil and police officials reached the spot and assured them that the guilty will be brought to book.
They also assured the protesters of increasing police patrol in the area.
A case has been registered, police said adding, efforts were being made to arrest the people involved in the illegal activity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security