People protest against damage to mosque in Kashmir
Srinagar: People on Saturday staged protests against the alleged damage done to a mosque in north Kashmir`s Kupwara district, police said.
Some miscreants damaged furnishing and curtains of a mosque at Bicharwari village in Kralgund by setting them on fire late last night, they said.
Infuriated over the incident, people staged protests against the sacrilegious act this morning, police said.
The protesters were dispersed peacefully after civil and police officials reached the spot and assured them that the guilty will be brought to book.
They also assured the protesters of increasing police patrol in the area.
A case has been registered, police said adding, efforts were being made to arrest the people involved in the illegal activity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP