PoK refugees protest over bureaucratic apathy
Jammu: Alleging bureaucratic apathy, refugees from Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (PoK) on Saturday staged a protest here threatening to launch an agitation if steps were not taken for their early rehabilitation.
The protesters, under the banner of PoK Refugee Displaced Persons Front - 1947, 1965, 1971, tried to march from Mubarak Mandi area of the old city towards the Panjtirthi police station.
However, they were stopped by the police and were dispersed peacefully.
President of the Front, Rachhpal Singh Chib also blamed bureaucrats at different levels for the plight of the displaced community, alleging that they have been sleeping over the directions issued by the Centre to address their grievances.
They will raise a multi-pronged agitation in support of their demands, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’