PoK-Srinagar bus returns without Pak passengers
Srinagar: With the growing skirmish between India and Pakistan along the border, the bus, which runs between Srinagar and Muzaffarabad of Pakistan occupied Kashmir on weekly basis, on Monday returned without a single Pakistani national.
Karvan-e-Aman bus service on Srinagar-Muzaffarabad road plied as per schedule despite tensions following ceasefire violations by Pakistan, however, no fresh guests arrived from PoK today, sources said.
The bus service between Srinagar and Muzaffarabad, capital of Pakistan-occupied Kashmir, started in April 2005 to facilitate meeting of divided families and was billed as the `mother of all confidence-building measures` aimed at restoring peace in the state.
There were no fresh arrivals from PoK but over 50 passengers crossed the LoC at Kaman Aman Setu on board the bus, which was started as a confidence building measure in 2005, official sources said.
While 30 passengers from Kashmir crossed the LoC to Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK), 22 Indian citizens returned home from the other side, the sources said.
As many as 26 Indian citizens crossed the LoC to visit their relatives while four PoK residents returned home via the bus service, they said.
Although the cross-LoC travel was suspended on Poonch-Rawalakot route in the back drop of ceasefire violations along the LoC, the trade and travel on Srinagar-Muzaffarabad road remained unaffected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?