Policeman killed in explosion in Kashmir
Srinagar: A policeman was killed and four people were injured in a grenade explosion in Kashmir`s Sopore town on Saturday, police said.
"Security forces were dealing with a mob of stone pelters in Sopore town early Saturday when militants lobed a grenade at a police party at around 2.30 a.m," a police officer told IANS here.
"Five people were injured in this explosion. One police constable who was critically injured has died," the officer added.
Out of the four injured, two are critical while the remaining two suffered minor injuries.
The attack occurred during the holiest Muslim night of `Shabir-e-Qadr` when devotees across the world spend the night in prayer and penance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing