Policeman killed in explosion in Kashmir
Srinagar: A policeman was killed and four people were injured in a grenade explosion in Kashmir`s Sopore town on Saturday, police said.
"Security forces were dealing with a mob of stone pelters in Sopore town early Saturday when militants lobed a grenade at a police party at around 2.30 a.m," a police officer told IANS here.
"Five people were injured in this explosion. One police constable who was critically injured has died," the officer added.
Out of the four injured, two are critical while the remaining two suffered minor injuries.
The attack occurred during the holiest Muslim night of `Shabir-e-Qadr` when devotees across the world spend the night in prayer and penance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed