Policeman killed in explosion in Kashmir
Srinagar: A policeman was killed and four people were injured in a grenade explosion in Kashmir`s Sopore town on Saturday, police said.
"Security forces were dealing with a mob of stone pelters in Sopore town early Saturday when militants lobed a grenade at a police party at around 2.30 a.m," a police officer told IANS here.
"Five people were injured in this explosion. One police constable who was critically injured has died," the officer added.
Out of the four injured, two are critical while the remaining two suffered minor injuries.
The attack occurred during the holiest Muslim night of `Shabir-e-Qadr` when devotees across the world spend the night in prayer and penance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees