Power supply nearly restored in Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: The Kashmir Valley, which had plunged into darkness Friday evening after two transmission lines bringing electricity from the northern power grid snapped, was in for some respite Monday after one of the lines was restored.
"The 400 KV Kishenpur-Wagoora transmission line was restored Sunday evening. Electric supply has been restored in most areas of Srinagar, Ganderbal, Badgam, Baramulla, Kupwara, Anantnag, Kulgam, Shopian, Pulwama and Bandipora towns, except for some local faults in south Kashmir`s far-flung areas which are being corrected," said Muhammad Muzaffar Mattoo, chief engineer (electric maintenance) Kashmir.
"We have restored power supply to Gulmarg. We have also restored electricity to the far-flung areas of Tangdhar and Keran. We are in the process of restoring the supply in Pahalgam by today evening," Mattoo informed.
The electric supply in Kashmir has improved from a bare 87 megawatts to over 700 megawatts.
"We are supplying over 700 megawatts of power in the valley and are importing more to take up the availability to 1,000 megawatts. This will restore normal supply throughout the valley today," said Mattoo.
The chief engineer added that the other major power transmission line, the 220 KV Kishenpur-Pampore line, was also being restored.
"The restoration work on the Kishenpur-Pampore line is on. The electric power situation is near normal now. All essential supplies, including those to hospitals, water filtration plants, airports, dewatering stations and the supply position to the consumers, are running on schedule. The worst is already over," the chief engineer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'