Ready to be arrested on return: Malik
Islamabad: JKLF chief Yasin Malik, who created flutters in India by sharing dais with 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed in Pakistan, Friday said he is prepared for confiscation of his passport or his arrest on returning home next week.
"I will be flying back to Delhi from Lahore on the regular PIA flight on March 9," Malik told reporters.
Asked about calls for the revocation of his passport after Saeed joined him at a protest in Islamabad against the hanging of Afzal Guru, Malik said: "It is their wish if they wish to confiscate my passport or to arrest me. Jail is my second home".
Saeed, blamed by India for masterminding the 2008 Mumbai attacks, had briefly participated in the protest organised by the Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) in Islamabad on February 10.
After photographs appeared in the media of Saeed and Malik, demands were made by political parties for the cancellation of Malik`s passport.
"The government needs to come out clean with an action plan. They must arrest, forfeit his passport and take action against Malik and tell the nation. This is a monumental mistake on the part of the Home Ministry and we will raise at all forums available," BJP had said.
Reports in the Indian media said Malik`s activities in Pakistan could cost him the freedom to travel abroad.
Authorities could also decide not to reissue a passport to him.
Malik visits Pakistan several times a year to meet his wife and his young daughter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre