Remain alert during Amarnath Yatra: IGP to Officers
Jammu: Asking police to remain extremely vigilant and alert during the coming annual Amarnath yatra for its peaceful passage, a senior Police officer has called for launch of sustained offensive against the anti-national, anti social elements and terrorists.
"It is time to remain extremely vigilant and alert during the coming Amarnath yatra to be peaceful," Inspector General of Police Jammu zone, Rajesh Kumar told top Police officer of Jammu region.
Kumar said that it is imperative to launch sustained offensive against the anti-national, anti social elements and terrorists.
Kumar also stressed that touring by Police Officers in their respective areas, meeting people and interacting with them on social and professional matters is of significance.
The IGP chaired a meeting at Zonal Police Headquarters Jammu zone last evening with top police officers of the region to have an over-all review of crime, security, law and order situation in the zone along with preparedness for the coming yatras of Amarnath and Buddha Amarnath Yatra, Sarthal Yatra.
While elaborating, it was mentioned that maintenance of law and order, prevention of crime, speedy investigation and disposal of cases, adequate attention to public grievances on day-to-day basis, special attention to public importance cases, strengthening Police-Public rapport are going to be addressed.
The steps taken on counter insurgency front for better security and law and order scenario were also discussed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report