Revenue officials` strike in J&K enters 13th day
Jammu: Revenue officials (Patwaris) across Jammu and Kashmir continued their strike for 13th consecutive day on Thursday in support of their various demands, including removal of pay anomalies.
Under the banner of All Jammu and Kashmir Patwari Association (AJKPA), several revenue officials assembled at district headquarters here and staged demonstrations against the government.
The Patwaris are demanding, among other things, removal of pay anomalies and recruitment of more revenue officials.
"We will continue our agitation till our demands are met," an AJKPA spokesman said.
"We are aware about the problems faced by the people but the strike has been forced by government`s failure to respond to our demands," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan