Revenue officials` strike in J&K enters 13th day
Jammu: Revenue officials (Patwaris) across Jammu and Kashmir continued their strike for 13th consecutive day on Thursday in support of their various demands, including removal of pay anomalies.
Under the banner of All Jammu and Kashmir Patwari Association (AJKPA), several revenue officials assembled at district headquarters here and staged demonstrations against the government.
The Patwaris are demanding, among other things, removal of pay anomalies and recruitment of more revenue officials.
"We will continue our agitation till our demands are met," an AJKPA spokesman said.
"We are aware about the problems faced by the people but the strike has been forced by government`s failure to respond to our demands," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India may clock near 8% growth on back of good monsoon: Das
- Jewish ringleader gets life for burning alive Palestinian teen
- France says EU-US trade pact talks likely to stop
- IPL 2016: Rishabh Pant's maiden fifty powers Delhi Daredevils to 8-wicket win over Gujarat Lions in Match 31
- Police oppose plea to recall Headley in 26/11 trial