Revenue officials` strike in J&K enters 13th day
Jammu: Revenue officials (Patwaris) across Jammu and Kashmir continued their strike for 13th consecutive day on Thursday in support of their various demands, including removal of pay anomalies.
Under the banner of All Jammu and Kashmir Patwari Association (AJKPA), several revenue officials assembled at district headquarters here and staged demonstrations against the government.
The Patwaris are demanding, among other things, removal of pay anomalies and recruitment of more revenue officials.
"We will continue our agitation till our demands are met," an AJKPA spokesman said.
"We are aware about the problems faced by the people but the strike has been forced by government`s failure to respond to our demands," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?