Separatists in J&K issue weekly protest calendar
Srinagar: The Majlis Mashawarat, an amalgamation of several separatist groups, on Sunday issued the weekly protest calendar in support of their demand for handing over of mortal remains of Mohammad Afzal Guru and Mohammad Maqbool Bhat to their families.
In a statement here, the Majlis (Consultative Committee) also called for a complete shutdown in the Valley tomorrow to protest the death of Kashmiri student Mudasir Kamran who was found hanging from the ceiling of his hostel room in Hyderabad.
"Kamran was murdered for leading funeral prayers for Guru," the statement said alleging the police were misleading the people about the circumstances of his death.
The amalgamation called for a march to Kamran`s native village Parigam in south Kashmir Pulwama district on Tuesday for expressing solidarity with the bereaved family.
During the march, the demand for return of mortal remains of Parliament attack convict (Guru) and JKLF founder (Bhat) would be reiterated, the statement said.
The Kashmiri diaspora living across the globe were asked to protest outside Indian missions, it said.
There would be no strike on Friday, the statement said.
Both factions of the Hurriyat Conference, the JKLF, the Kashmir Bar Association and the Dukhtaran-e-Millat are constituents of the Majlis which was formed in the wake of Guru`s execution inside Tihar Jail on February 9.
The main demand of the Majlis is to seek return of mortal remains of Guru and Bhat.
Bhat was hanged and buried inside Tihar Jail on February 11, 1984 after he was convicted for murdering a police officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP