Separatists in J&K issue weekly protest calendar
Srinagar: The Majlis Mashawarat, an amalgamation of several separatist groups, on Sunday issued the weekly protest calendar in support of their demand for handing over of mortal remains of Mohammad Afzal Guru and Mohammad Maqbool Bhat to their families.
In a statement here, the Majlis (Consultative Committee) also called for a complete shutdown in the Valley tomorrow to protest the death of Kashmiri student Mudasir Kamran who was found hanging from the ceiling of his hostel room in Hyderabad.
"Kamran was murdered for leading funeral prayers for Guru," the statement said alleging the police were misleading the people about the circumstances of his death.
The amalgamation called for a march to Kamran`s native village Parigam in south Kashmir Pulwama district on Tuesday for expressing solidarity with the bereaved family.
During the march, the demand for return of mortal remains of Parliament attack convict (Guru) and JKLF founder (Bhat) would be reiterated, the statement said.
The Kashmiri diaspora living across the globe were asked to protest outside Indian missions, it said.
There would be no strike on Friday, the statement said.
Both factions of the Hurriyat Conference, the JKLF, the Kashmir Bar Association and the Dukhtaran-e-Millat are constituents of the Majlis which was formed in the wake of Guru`s execution inside Tihar Jail on February 9.
The main demand of the Majlis is to seek return of mortal remains of Guru and Bhat.
Bhat was hanged and buried inside Tihar Jail on February 11, 1984 after he was convicted for murdering a police officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Mahatma Gandhi: Know six things you didn't know about him
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview