Separatists in J&K issue weekly protest calendar
Srinagar: The Majlis Mashawarat, an amalgamation of several separatist groups, on Sunday issued the weekly protest calendar in support of their demand for handing over of mortal remains of Mohammad Afzal Guru and Mohammad Maqbool Bhat to their families.
In a statement here, the Majlis (Consultative Committee) also called for a complete shutdown in the Valley tomorrow to protest the death of Kashmiri student Mudasir Kamran who was found hanging from the ceiling of his hostel room in Hyderabad.
"Kamran was murdered for leading funeral prayers for Guru," the statement said alleging the police were misleading the people about the circumstances of his death.
The amalgamation called for a march to Kamran`s native village Parigam in south Kashmir Pulwama district on Tuesday for expressing solidarity with the bereaved family.
During the march, the demand for return of mortal remains of Parliament attack convict (Guru) and JKLF founder (Bhat) would be reiterated, the statement said.
The Kashmiri diaspora living across the globe were asked to protest outside Indian missions, it said.
There would be no strike on Friday, the statement said.
Both factions of the Hurriyat Conference, the JKLF, the Kashmir Bar Association and the Dukhtaran-e-Millat are constituents of the Majlis which was formed in the wake of Guru`s execution inside Tihar Jail on February 9.
The main demand of the Majlis is to seek return of mortal remains of Guru and Bhat.
Bhat was hanged and buried inside Tihar Jail on February 11, 1984 after he was convicted for murdering a police officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'