Special drive launched in for enrolling new voters
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Friday launched a special drive for enrolment of young voters who have just completed 18 years of age.
As per the instructions of the Election Commission of
India, District Election Officer (DEO) Jammu, Sanjeev Verma
said here that a special campaign for enrollment of youth
electors, between the age group of 18-19 years, has been
launched in the district from January 6 to 15, 2012.
"The youth, who have attained the age of 18 years as of
01-01-2012, but not registered in the electoral rolls can file
their applications on form No 6 for their enrollment as
elector," Verma said.
All political parties and Resident Welfare Associations
are also requested to extend their cooperation to the Block
Level officer (BLOs) of their polling stations in registering
the youth voters in order to make the special drive
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress