Srinagar-Jammu NH closed
Srinagar: The Srinagar-Jammu National Highway was closed on Friday due to snowfall near the Jawahar Tunnel in Qazigund area.
Traffic control authorities said efforts were on to clear the road but continuing snowfall was impeding road clearance operation.
Higher reaches of Kashmir have been receiving intermittent snowfall and rains since Wednesday.
The 294-km highway is the only road link between the Kashmir Valley and the rest of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'