`State govt callous on welfare of SC/ST welfare`
Jammu: With reported delay in submission of
tribal sub-plan to the Planning Commision by the NC-Congress
government in the state, BJP today accused it of being callous
towards the welfare of SC/ST communities.
"Non-submission of the tribal sub-plan to the plan panel
in time is a very serious issue and the delay shows that the
present NC-Congress coalition is not committed towards the
welfare and uplift of the SCs and STs in the state," state BJP
chief Shamsher Singh Manhas told reporters here.
The most unfortunate part of the whole issue is that such
things are happening in the state at a time when the deputy
Chief Minister himself belongs to the Scheduled Caste, he
Not only this, the state cabinet also has ministers who
represent the ST majority constituencies, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city