Terrorists open fire in Budgam district; SHO killed, two cops injured
Zee Media Bureau
Srinagar: A police officer was on Monday killed and two other cops were injured when terrorists mounted an audacious attack on a police party outside Chadoora police station in Budgam district of Kashmir.
Militants opened indiscriminate fire on the police party, injuring three policemen, including Station House Officer Sub Inspector Shabir Ahmad, police said.
The injured were rushed to a nearby hospital where the SHO succumbed to his wounds, police said.
The other two injured policemen have been identified as Constable Mohammad Shafi and SPO Firdous Ahmad.
The attack appeared to be a planned one, targeting the officer, a police official said.
The militants managed to flee after the attack. No militant outfit has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.
Senior police and paramilitary officers have rushed to the spot.
The brazen attack took place amidst heightened tensions between India and Pakistan.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks
- Three new suicide attacks in Lebanon village near Syria
- Preparing for Brexit, Britain may see new PM by early September