Terrorists open fire in Budgam district; SHO killed, two cops injured
Zee Media Bureau
Srinagar: A police officer was on Monday killed and two other cops were injured when terrorists mounted an audacious attack on a police party outside Chadoora police station in Budgam district of Kashmir.
Militants opened indiscriminate fire on the police party, injuring three policemen, including Station House Officer Sub Inspector Shabir Ahmad, police said.
The injured were rushed to a nearby hospital where the SHO succumbed to his wounds, police said.
The other two injured policemen have been identified as Constable Mohammad Shafi and SPO Firdous Ahmad.
The attack appeared to be a planned one, targeting the officer, a police official said.
The militants managed to flee after the attack. No militant outfit has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.
Senior police and paramilitary officers have rushed to the spot.
The brazen attack took place amidst heightened tensions between India and Pakistan.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?