Three guerrillas killed in Kashmir gunfight
Srinagar: Three separatist guerrillas were killed in a gunfight in Jammu and Kashmir`s Pulwama district Thursday, police said.
Two soldiers were also injured in the exchange of fire.
"Security forces, including local police, Rashtriya Rifles and Central Reserve Police Force personnel, cordoned off Buchoo village (Tral) in Pulwama district in the afternoon following information about the presence of a group of militants there," a senior police officer told IANS.
"Trapped militants fired at the security forces, triggering the gunfight. Three militants belonging to Hizbul Mujahideen group were killed while two jawans of the Rashtriya Rifles were injured," he said.
"Firing has stopped at the encounter site where searches are still going on. All the three slain militants were locals. Three AK-47 rifles have been recovered from their possession," the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray