Three held for gang-rape of girl in J&K
Jammu: Three persons were arrested on Monday in connection with the alleged gang-rape of an 18-year-old girl in the Billawar area of Kathua district, police said.
The incident took place on June 4 in Beull, about seven kms from Billawar, when the accused Mohammad Rafiq, Yasir and Khurshid raped the girl in an under-construction house while she had gone to fetch water, SSP Kathua Mohan Lal said.
However, a complaint in this regard was registered on July 6 following which the trio were arrested this morning, Lal said.
A case has been registered against the accused on the basis of the complaint lodged by the girl, the SSP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter