Three held for gang-rape of girl in J&K
Jammu: Three persons were arrested on Monday in connection with the alleged gang-rape of an 18-year-old girl in the Billawar area of Kathua district, police said.
The incident took place on June 4 in Beull, about seven kms from Billawar, when the accused Mohammad Rafiq, Yasir and Khurshid raped the girl in an under-construction house while she had gone to fetch water, SSP Kathua Mohan Lal said.
However, a complaint in this regard was registered on July 6 following which the trio were arrested this morning, Lal said.
A case has been registered against the accused on the basis of the complaint lodged by the girl, the SSP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends