Traffic suspended on J&K highway
Jammu: Authorities on Friday suspended fresh traffic movement on the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway in order to clear vehicles stranded at different places due to
extreme weather conditions for the past few days.
"No fresh traffic has been allowed from Jammu and Srinagar capital cities and all the stranded vehicles would be cleared", Police officials said in Jammu.
The route was thrown open for two-way traffic yesterday for clearance of stranded vehicles after remaining closed for past three days due to heavy snowfall, avalanche and landslides.
As many as 3,266 stranded vehicles have been cleared during the past 24 hours, officials said.
Around 1,300 vehicles, including 1100 passenger vehicles reached Jammu while 1469 vehicles including 860 passenger vehicles from Jammu crossed the Valley yesterday, SP Ramban Anil Magotra said.
Similarly, around 185 vehicles, including 163 passenger vehicles from Jammu crossed over to Jawahir tunnel towards Kashmir and 312 vehicles including 165 passenger vehicles are
on way to Jammu from Kashmir today, he said.
He said there was landslide at Nashri during midnight but it was cleared by Border Road Organization (BRO) personnel and movement of vehicles was going on smoothly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam