Two drown, one found dead under suspicious circumstances in J&K
Srinagar: Two persons drowned in a stream, while a young woman was found dead under suspicious circumstances in south Kashmir, police said here on Wednesday.
A man, identified as Irshad Ahmad Baba, drowned yesterday after he fell into Rambi Ara stream while crossing a foot bridge at Kricha Pathri near Herpora in Shopian district, 55 km from here, a police spokesman said. His body was later fished out and handed over to his family.
In a similar incident, a person named Shabir Ahmad Paul drowned in the same stream near village Batapora. His body was also fished out and handed over to his relatives, the spokesman said.
In a separate incident, body of a 22-year-old woman, identified as Asmat Jan, was recovered from the outskirts of her village at Matallhama in Kulgam district, 70 km from here, last night, he said.
"The woman was found dead in suspicious condition," he said, adding that after conducting all medico-legal formalities, the body was handed over to her next of kins.
Police have started inquest proceedings to ascertain the cause of her death, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say