Two drown, one found dead under suspicious circumstances in J&K
Srinagar: Two persons drowned in a stream, while a young woman was found dead under suspicious circumstances in south Kashmir, police said here on Wednesday.
A man, identified as Irshad Ahmad Baba, drowned yesterday after he fell into Rambi Ara stream while crossing a foot bridge at Kricha Pathri near Herpora in Shopian district, 55 km from here, a police spokesman said. His body was later fished out and handed over to his family.
In a similar incident, a person named Shabir Ahmad Paul drowned in the same stream near village Batapora. His body was also fished out and handed over to his relatives, the spokesman said.
In a separate incident, body of a 22-year-old woman, identified as Asmat Jan, was recovered from the outskirts of her village at Matallhama in Kulgam district, 70 km from here, last night, he said.
"The woman was found dead in suspicious condition," he said, adding that after conducting all medico-legal formalities, the body was handed over to her next of kins.
Police have started inquest proceedings to ascertain the cause of her death, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...