Two drown, one found dead under suspicious circumstances in J&K
Srinagar: Two persons drowned in a stream, while a young woman was found dead under suspicious circumstances in south Kashmir, police said here on Wednesday.
A man, identified as Irshad Ahmad Baba, drowned yesterday after he fell into Rambi Ara stream while crossing a foot bridge at Kricha Pathri near Herpora in Shopian district, 55 km from here, a police spokesman said. His body was later fished out and handed over to his family.
In a similar incident, a person named Shabir Ahmad Paul drowned in the same stream near village Batapora. His body was also fished out and handed over to his relatives, the spokesman said.
In a separate incident, body of a 22-year-old woman, identified as Asmat Jan, was recovered from the outskirts of her village at Matallhama in Kulgam district, 70 km from here, last night, he said.
"The woman was found dead in suspicious condition," he said, adding that after conducting all medico-legal formalities, the body was handed over to her next of kins.
Police have started inquest proceedings to ascertain the cause of her death, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors