Two Karnataka dwellers booked for fraud in Jammu
Jammu: Two residents of Karnataka have been booked for allegedly cheating and duping a man by the Jammu and Kashmir police.
Javed Sheraj Sheikh and Imran Mohd of Karnataka have been charged with cheating and duping on Tuesday, a police spokesman said.
A complaint was lodged by Mohd Ashraf of District Poonch alleging that he received a message on his cell phone asking him to deposit Rs 25000 as tax and Rs 22000 as money transaction amount, in two different account numbers maintained in the State Bank of India in the name of the accused, in order to receive an amount of Rs 10,40,000 as cash reward.
He deposited the amount through State Bank of India, Branch Poonch. Later he came to know that he was cheated and duped by the accused persons and no cash award was given to him, said police.
During investigation it was confirmed that the SBI account details provided by the victim are correct and an amount of Rs 25200 and Rs 22000 stood credited in these accounts from SBI Branch Poonch, police said,
The accused have been booked under various sections of IPC and investigation is on to nab them, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3