Two militants killed in Kashmir gunfight
Srinagar: Two separatist guerrillas were killed on Thursday in an ongoing gunfight with the security forces in south Kashmir`s Shopian district, an official said.
A senior police officer told a news agency that security forces surrounded a house in Pinjora village, 60 km from here, Thursday morning following information that a group of guerrillas were hiding inside.
"When the holed up militants were asked to surrender, they started firing at the surrounding troops. In the ongoing encounter, two militants have been killed so far, while the firing exchange is still going on," Vijay Kumar, deputy inspector general of police (South Kashmir), told IANS at 2.30 pm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone