Youth from Hyderabad held in J&K
Jammu: A 36-year-old man from Hyderabad was detained for questioning after he was found roaming in "suspicious" circumstances in Ramban district and a Saudi Arabia passport was also recovered from him.
"One youth of Hyderabad was held while he was roaming under suspicious circumstances in Ramban area last evening," Deputy Inspector general (DIG) Ramban-Doda-Kishtwar range, Gareeb Dass told a news agency.
Sim-cards and Saudi Arabian currency were also found from Mohammad Salahuddin`s possession, the officer said.
"A missing persons report is registered under his name with the Hyderabad police," he said, adding that he had come from Saudi Arabia on January 30.
"We are questioning him about his visit to the state but he is not giving satisfactorily reply," the DIG said.
"Salahuddin has been saying that he has been sent by Allah to settle in Kashmir," the DIG said.
He said that a probe is on to verify Salahuddin`s version.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi