Youth from Hyderabad held in J&K
Jammu: A 36-year-old man from Hyderabad was detained for questioning after he was found roaming in "suspicious" circumstances in Ramban district and a Saudi Arabia passport was also recovered from him.
"One youth of Hyderabad was held while he was roaming under suspicious circumstances in Ramban area last evening," Deputy Inspector general (DIG) Ramban-Doda-Kishtwar range, Gareeb Dass told a news agency.
Sim-cards and Saudi Arabian currency were also found from Mohammad Salahuddin`s possession, the officer said.
"A missing persons report is registered under his name with the Hyderabad police," he said, adding that he had come from Saudi Arabia on January 30.
"We are questioning him about his visit to the state but he is not giving satisfactorily reply," the DIG said.
"Salahuddin has been saying that he has been sent by Allah to settle in Kashmir," the DIG said.
He said that a probe is on to verify Salahuddin`s version.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list