Youths arrested for protesting against Pulwama firing: PDP
Srinagar: Opposition PDP on Monday claimed that youths have been arrested on "flimsy charges" by the police for protesting against last week`s firing in Pulwama district.
Issuing a statement today, PDP leaders Naeem Akhtar, Syed Altaf Bukhari, Mohammad Khalil Bandh and Syed Bashir Ahmad alleged that while "no action is contemplated against the perpetrators" of the firing incident, youth are "arrested for having protested against it".
They also demanded immediate release of those "arrested" for protesting.
Condemning imposition of curfew in Pulwama town, the leaders demanded action against those guilty of the incident that resulted in injuries to seven civilians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II