Youths arrested for protesting against Pulwama firing: PDP
Srinagar: Opposition PDP on Monday claimed that youths have been arrested on "flimsy charges" by the police for protesting against last week`s firing in Pulwama district.
Issuing a statement today, PDP leaders Naeem Akhtar, Syed Altaf Bukhari, Mohammad Khalil Bandh and Syed Bashir Ahmad alleged that while "no action is contemplated against the perpetrators" of the firing incident, youth are "arrested for having protested against it".
They also demanded immediate release of those "arrested" for protesting.
Condemning imposition of curfew in Pulwama town, the leaders demanded action against those guilty of the incident that resulted in injuries to seven civilians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!