Youths arrested for protesting against Pulwama firing: PDP
Srinagar: Opposition PDP on Monday claimed that youths have been arrested on "flimsy charges" by the police for protesting against last week`s firing in Pulwama district.
Issuing a statement today, PDP leaders Naeem Akhtar, Syed Altaf Bukhari, Mohammad Khalil Bandh and Syed Bashir Ahmad alleged that while "no action is contemplated against the perpetrators" of the firing incident, youth are "arrested for having protested against it".
They also demanded immediate release of those "arrested" for protesting.
Condemning imposition of curfew in Pulwama town, the leaders demanded action against those guilty of the incident that resulted in injuries to seven civilians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested