Youths arrested for protesting against Pulwama firing: PDP
Srinagar: Opposition PDP on Monday claimed that youths have been arrested on "flimsy charges" by the police for protesting against last week`s firing in Pulwama district.
Issuing a statement today, PDP leaders Naeem Akhtar, Syed Altaf Bukhari, Mohammad Khalil Bandh and Syed Bashir Ahmad alleged that while "no action is contemplated against the perpetrators" of the firing incident, youth are "arrested for having protested against it".
They also demanded immediate release of those "arrested" for protesting.
Condemning imposition of curfew in Pulwama town, the leaders demanded action against those guilty of the incident that resulted in injuries to seven civilians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof