Youths arrested for protesting against Pulwama firing: PDP
Srinagar: Opposition PDP on Monday claimed that youths have been arrested on "flimsy charges" by the police for protesting against last week`s firing in Pulwama district.
Issuing a statement today, PDP leaders Naeem Akhtar, Syed Altaf Bukhari, Mohammad Khalil Bandh and Syed Bashir Ahmad alleged that while "no action is contemplated against the perpetrators" of the firing incident, youth are "arrested for having protested against it".
They also demanded immediate release of those "arrested" for protesting.
Condemning imposition of curfew in Pulwama town, the leaders demanded action against those guilty of the incident that resulted in injuries to seven civilians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest