11 year-old boy crushed to death in K’taka
Bangalore: An eleven year old boy was crushed to death when an iron gate of a marriage hall fell on him while he was swinging on it here on Tuesday, police said.
The deceased was identified as Perumal, a third standard student of a private school.
Son of a labourer who resided in Vellore, Tamil Nadu, Perumal was staying in Bangalore with his mother who was working as a maid servant.
The mishap occurred when Perumal was waiting for his school bus in front of a marriage hall. Tired of waiting, Perumal started playing with his ball.
While playing, his ball went under the newly erected iron gate of the renovated marriage hall. After picking his ball, Perumal started swinging on the gate.
The gate which did not have stopper and was not joined at the hinges properly, came crashing down on the little boy crushing his head.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest