11 year-old boy crushed to death in K’taka
Bangalore: An eleven year old boy was crushed to death when an iron gate of a marriage hall fell on him while he was swinging on it here on Tuesday, police said.
The deceased was identified as Perumal, a third standard student of a private school.
Son of a labourer who resided in Vellore, Tamil Nadu, Perumal was staying in Bangalore with his mother who was working as a maid servant.
The mishap occurred when Perumal was waiting for his school bus in front of a marriage hall. Tired of waiting, Perumal started playing with his ball.
While playing, his ball went under the newly erected iron gate of the renovated marriage hall. After picking his ball, Perumal started swinging on the gate.
The gate which did not have stopper and was not joined at the hinges properly, came crashing down on the little boy crushing his head.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police