11 year-old boy crushed to death in K’taka
Bangalore: An eleven year old boy was crushed to death when an iron gate of a marriage hall fell on him while he was swinging on it here on Tuesday, police said.
The deceased was identified as Perumal, a third standard student of a private school.
Son of a labourer who resided in Vellore, Tamil Nadu, Perumal was staying in Bangalore with his mother who was working as a maid servant.
The mishap occurred when Perumal was waiting for his school bus in front of a marriage hall. Tired of waiting, Perumal started playing with his ball.
While playing, his ball went under the newly erected iron gate of the renovated marriage hall. After picking his ball, Perumal started swinging on the gate.
The gate which did not have stopper and was not joined at the hinges properly, came crashing down on the little boy crushing his head.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'