15-month-old girl sacrificed to unearth hidden treasure
Gulbarga: A 15-month old girl was recently sacrificed with a desire to unearth hidden treasure at the nearby Firozabad fort, and seven persons including her father have been arrested in connection with the crime, a top police official today said.
"Seven persons have been arrested in connection with the case, father of the girl is one among them, they are said to have committed the crime with a desire to unearth treasure in the fort, about 34 km from here, but did not find anything", Gulbarga SP Amit Singh told PTI.
He said "the girl`s father appeared to be innocent initially, but his involvement was established during the course of investigation, so he has also been arrested."
Girl`s father is a Pesh Imam at Firozabad mosque and hails from Bihar, he added. The complaint regarding the missing child was registered on May 22, but her mutilated body was found near her house on May 26.
Meanwhile, one of the seven men allegedly involved in the crime died in police custody, following which five police officials including an inspector and two sub-inspectors have been suspended, he said.
The probe regarding death in custody has been handed over to the Criminal Investigation Department. Officials said they are awaiting the postmortem report on the death that happened in custody, adding, there were no external injuries on the body.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre