15-month-old girl sacrificed to unearth hidden treasure
Gulbarga: A 15-month old girl was recently sacrificed with a desire to unearth hidden treasure at the nearby Firozabad fort, and seven persons including her father have been arrested in connection with the crime, a top police official today said.
"Seven persons have been arrested in connection with the case, father of the girl is one among them, they are said to have committed the crime with a desire to unearth treasure in the fort, about 34 km from here, but did not find anything", Gulbarga SP Amit Singh told PTI.
He said "the girl`s father appeared to be innocent initially, but his involvement was established during the course of investigation, so he has also been arrested."
Girl`s father is a Pesh Imam at Firozabad mosque and hails from Bihar, he added. The complaint regarding the missing child was registered on May 22, but her mutilated body was found near her house on May 26.
Meanwhile, one of the seven men allegedly involved in the crime died in police custody, following which five police officials including an inspector and two sub-inspectors have been suspended, he said.
The probe regarding death in custody has been handed over to the Criminal Investigation Department. Officials said they are awaiting the postmortem report on the death that happened in custody, adding, there were no external injuries on the body.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Bailey stars as Australia deny Sri Lanka winning farewell to Dilshan; lead ODI series 2-1
- EPL 2016-17: Gameweek 3 — City go top with win over Hammers
- Glowing distant stars become Hubble's latest subject! - See pic
- PM Modi reaches out to people of Kashmir Valley, talks of 'unity and compassion', slams those fomenting trouble
- Clothes that repair their own rips? Study swears on new coatings!