Additional chargesheet against Nityananda filed
Ramanagara: The Criminal Investigation Department on Wednesday filed an additional chargesheet in a local court against self-styled godman Nithyananda in connection with a case involving a youth, a top CID official said.
"We have filed an additional chargesheet against Nithyananda in connection with a case pertaining to his having unnatural sex with a youth", DGP CID Roopak Kumar Dutta said.
Additional chargesheet has also been filed against one Jamuna Rani, a trustee of Nithyananda Dhyanapeetham run by the controversial self-styled godman, he said, adding, the additional chargesheets against the two have been filed under IPC sections including 376 (punishment for rape) and 377 (unnatural offences).
The first chargesheet in this case was filed by the CID last year.
Nithayananda, who has his ashram near Bangalore, was arrested in Himachal Pradesh early in 2010 on criminal charges, including rape after a controversial video
purportedly showing him in a compromising position with an actress, was telecast by TV channels. He was later released on bail.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living