Additional chargesheet against Nityananda filed
Ramanagara: The Criminal Investigation Department on Wednesday filed an additional chargesheet in a local court against self-styled godman Nithyananda in connection with a case involving a youth, a top CID official said.
"We have filed an additional chargesheet against Nithyananda in connection with a case pertaining to his having unnatural sex with a youth", DGP CID Roopak Kumar Dutta said.
Additional chargesheet has also been filed against one Jamuna Rani, a trustee of Nithyananda Dhyanapeetham run by the controversial self-styled godman, he said, adding, the additional chargesheets against the two have been filed under IPC sections including 376 (punishment for rape) and 377 (unnatural offences).
The first chargesheet in this case was filed by the CID last year.
Nithayananda, who has his ashram near Bangalore, was arrested in Himachal Pradesh early in 2010 on criminal charges, including rape after a controversial video
purportedly showing him in a compromising position with an actress, was telecast by TV channels. He was later released on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray