Additional chargesheet against Nityananda filed
Ramanagara: The Criminal Investigation Department on Wednesday filed an additional chargesheet in a local court against self-styled godman Nithyananda in connection with a case involving a youth, a top CID official said.
"We have filed an additional chargesheet against Nithyananda in connection with a case pertaining to his having unnatural sex with a youth", DGP CID Roopak Kumar Dutta said.
Additional chargesheet has also been filed against one Jamuna Rani, a trustee of Nithyananda Dhyanapeetham run by the controversial self-styled godman, he said, adding, the additional chargesheets against the two have been filed under IPC sections including 376 (punishment for rape) and 377 (unnatural offences).
The first chargesheet in this case was filed by the CID last year.
Nithayananda, who has his ashram near Bangalore, was arrested in Himachal Pradesh early in 2010 on criminal charges, including rape after a controversial video
purportedly showing him in a compromising position with an actress, was telecast by TV channels. He was later released on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested