Additional chargesheet against Nityananda filed
Ramanagara: The Criminal Investigation Department on Wednesday filed an additional chargesheet in a local court against self-styled godman Nithyananda in connection with a case involving a youth, a top CID official said.
"We have filed an additional chargesheet against Nithyananda in connection with a case pertaining to his having unnatural sex with a youth", DGP CID Roopak Kumar Dutta said.
Additional chargesheet has also been filed against one Jamuna Rani, a trustee of Nithyananda Dhyanapeetham run by the controversial self-styled godman, he said, adding, the additional chargesheets against the two have been filed under IPC sections including 376 (punishment for rape) and 377 (unnatural offences).
The first chargesheet in this case was filed by the CID last year.
Nithayananda, who has his ashram near Bangalore, was arrested in Himachal Pradesh early in 2010 on criminal charges, including rape after a controversial video
purportedly showing him in a compromising position with an actress, was telecast by TV channels. He was later released on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO