Art of Living hosts its 1st International Bloggers Conference
Bangalore: It was a Bloggers day out at the Art of
Living International Centre in Bangalore when youth delegates and
enthusiastic bloggers came together to deliberate on the power of
‘Social Media for Social Good’.
Organized and hosted by The Art of living, the 1st International
Bloggers conference titled, “Make a Global Connection- Just Connect”
saw participation by 837 bloggers and over 1000 connections from over
10 countries on you tube.
This one of its kind conference, held on January 06, also
resulted in the bloggers forming a community to write on varied
subjects impacting social transformation like arts for a cause;
everyday spirituality, sports, travel and vegetarian food.
Spiritual leader, Humanitarian and Founder, Art of Living Sri Sri Ravi
Shankar also launched his blog (www.srisrispeaks.org) at the
conference. Addressing the youth delegates, he said, “We are in a new
era where we don’t depend on a group of people, journalists or
Everyone is playing the role of an informer and everyone
has the right to express their vision to the whole world. This is such
an opportunity but it should not be misused. Blogs can really bring
conflict in communities, friends, Nations, families and on the other
hand it can also unite them. We should work with the intention of
bridging the gap and inculcating human values.”
The conference boasted of an interesting line-up of themes. Taking the
diverse gathering through the remarkable sessions on the different
aspects of blogging were the Art of Living faculty members and experts
from the blogging community.
Throwing light on the aim of the conference, Chinky Sen, member of the
organizing committee said, “Recent times have seen the power of the
social media in raising our voices against injustice or expressing our
views on the events happening in the country as well as elsewhere.
Here, our aim is to explore this powerful tool to spread goodness and
hope and bring people together.”
The conference presented the young minds with the chance to go
creative and build on their freedom of expression. Taking cue from the
sessions, Sana, a college goer said,“ With the present day crisis that
our country is facing it has become very crucial to use the tool of
social media to spread hope among people. Blogging is a great way to
connect and reach out to millions, learn as well as share your views.”
The conference aimed to promote blogs and other social media
activities that create a positive social transformation and explore
ways to promote a violence-free, stress free and crime free society.
For more details: justconnect.artofliving.org
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what