Bangalore shocker: Parents lock up daughter for 5 years
Zee Media Bureau
Bangalore: A 35-year-old woman was allegedly imprisoned by her own parents for nearly five years in their house was rescued by police on Tuesday after she was heard screaming for help by neighbours.
Hemwati`s parents have refuted the allegations that they had imprisoned their daughter in a small room. As per them, she was bed-ridden ever since she suffered a paralysis attack five years ago.
However, the neighbours have said to the police that Hemawati`s parents locked her up as they were against her relationship with a boy.
"Her parents even deprived her of clothes, fearing that she will flee," the neighbours said.
News channels aired footage that showed Hemawati in a very sorry state - she was being kept in very dirty and un-hygienic condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics