Bomb hoax delays Bangalore-bound Hampi Express
Bangalore: A bomb threat call which later turned out to be hoax delayed the Bangalore-bound Hampi Express and sparked panic among passengers on Sunday.
The Hampi Express coming here from Kolhapur was halted at Gadag, about 400 km from here, after the railway Divisional Manager`s office at Hubli received a telephone call from Hyderabad stating that a bomb had been planted in the train, railway police said.
"After evacuating the train, bomb disposal and dog squads were pressed into service and after a thorough search it was found to be a hoax call," Gadag DSP (Railways) G B Khoth told PTI.
The train left Gadag at 8.45 pm after a delay of about one-and-half hours, he said adding further investigation was on.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview