Bomb hoax delays Bangalore-bound Hampi Express
Bangalore: A bomb threat call which later turned out to be hoax delayed the Bangalore-bound Hampi Express and sparked panic among passengers on Sunday.
The Hampi Express coming here from Kolhapur was halted at Gadag, about 400 km from here, after the railway Divisional Manager`s office at Hubli received a telephone call from Hyderabad stating that a bomb had been planted in the train, railway police said.
"After evacuating the train, bomb disposal and dog squads were pressed into service and after a thorough search it was found to be a hoax call," Gadag DSP (Railways) G B Khoth told PTI.
The train left Gadag at 8.45 pm after a delay of about one-and-half hours, he said adding further investigation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal